CBT Training for 125cc & Moped
Compulsory Basic Training (CBT)
Location: Salhouse Road, Norwich
Three options available for CBT Training*
1. Moped CBT – automatic 50cc (for 16 year olds)
2. Auto 125 – for those aged 17+ wanting to ride an automatic machine
3. Geared 125 – for those aged 17+ wanting to ride a manual motorcycle
*Please note: if you have never ridden a motorcycle we ask that you complete
a Taster Session prior to taking the CBT.
(If you already have a CBT certificate on an auto, you can upgrade to a geared bike for £35.00 per taster session).
Weekdays – £119.00 including bike and clothing hire
Saturdays – £139.00 including bike and clothing hire
Free of charge when your buy a new Honda or Suzuki up to 125cc from C J Ball
Where: Start and finish at our Salhouse Road premise in Norwich, Norfolk.
Times: All courses start at 8.30am and normally finish at around 3.30pm
What to bring on the day: The most important thing to remember is your driving licence & national insurance number. Without this you cannot complete the course and will not be
issued with a certificate. If you have any of your own kit you are welcome to bring it,
but it must meet the necessary standards and be in good repair.
Here are a few useful things you need to know about the CBT Certificate:
- It is valid for 2 years.
- It entitles you to ride on the road unaccompanied while displaying L Plates.
- Your CBT certificate does not allow you to carry pillion passengers or ride on
- You will need to re-take the CBT if you do not pass both the theory and practical
tests before the CBT Certificate expires.
- A full car licence gives you provisional motorcycle entitlement although you
must check that this is visible on your licence. You need to ensure that it shows
Category A provisional motorcycle entitlement on your licence.