What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you register with us or place an order for products or services. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys or provide feedback or participate in competitions. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
How will we use the information we collect?
We collect information about you to process your order, manage your account and if you agree, to email you about other products or services that we think you might be of interest to you.
Your information may be shared with relevant manufacturers for warranty & registration purposes. If you purchase or sell a vehicle, the DVLA require your personal information in order to complete the registration/transfer process.
In processing your order, we may send your details to, and use information from credit reference & fraud prevention agencies.
Personal data we receive will be used for the purposes it was provided, including:
• Meet the terms of your order.
• Enable your use of the services available on our website.
• Send you goods purchased through our website or our eBay shop.
• Supply to you services purchased through our website.
• Send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you.
• Send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter).
• Provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information).
Disclosing personal information
• We may disclose your personal information to any of our staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing).
• We may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information].
• Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third
Security of personal information
• We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
• We will store all the personal data you provide electronically on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
• All details of transactions entered via our website will be protected by encryption technology.
• You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request.
• Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming identity, provide all relevant data we may hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible.
• We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
• If you instruct us to no longer process your personal data we will do so as quickly as possible.
• If you instruct us to destroy any/all of your personal data we may hold we will do so as quickly as possible.
• If you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes we will do so as quickly as possible.
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office and our registration number is:
C J Ball & Son ZA341409
C J Ball Training ZA343675
How to contact us
Data Protection Representative
C J Ball & Son, Woodlands, Salhouse Road, Norwich, NR7 9AB
C J Ball & Son is authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, our firm reference number for consumer credit is 307616. C J Ball & Son act as a non-independent credit intermediary for a limited number of finance lenders & insurance providers. C J Ball & Son is not a lender. For more information please request a copy of our Initial Disclosure Document by calling 01603 307500.